Friday, October 28, 2011

You MUST try this salad.

It's official. I'm addicted to Kitchen Play's Progressive Party Menus. When I saw that this month's sponsor is the National Onion Association, well, I almost cried (pun intended). I love onions.

I also love salads, but I have to admit that I am a little less than creative when it comes to making them. I usually end up with a green salad with chopped veggies. Well, I just tried the:

Avocado Grapefruit Onion Salad with Creamy Onion Dressing

From Fuji Mama.

I'm warning your tastebuds right now. They are about to be overloaded with a wonderful mingling of delectable tastes. This salad is superb. You need to make this salad as soon as possible.

The one thing I did differently was to use raw sunflower seeds instead of the almonds.


This is easy to put together. Just remember to pickle the onions at least an hour before you plan to assemble the salad. Oh, and don't forget to blend the dressing in the processor. I almost forgot and I'm glad I remembered. It is yummy and the processor really brings that onion flavor out. 

Go to Kitchen Play for your chance to participate in the Party! You could even win $100! Oh, and go make this salad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment