Monday, October 31, 2011

Gluten-Free Red Onion Cutney

This is my entry for the dessert portion of Kitchen Play's Progressive Party Menu. You read that right...dessert! Yes, onions can be dessert!

This month's sponsor is the National Onion Association and I couldn't be more pleased.

Jamie created this Red Onion Chutney and I'm so glad she did! It's yummy.

I simply made it gluten-free by serving it on brown rice crisps instead of crostini. I also used a raw aged cheddar instead of goat cheese, which has nothing to do with gluten and everything to do with what I had in the fridge! Either way, it was delicious!

Here are the ingredients all lined up and ready to go (minus the olive oil, because I uh...forgot to set it out there!


The beautiful onions ready in the skillet to soften.


I loved the addition of a jalapeno pepper and cinnamon.

And here are the little bites of heaven!


I will definitely be making these again.
Thank you Kitchen Play and Jamie for giving me this wonderful recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment