Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Apple, Pecan and Cherry Winter Salad

I really love participating in Kitchen Play's Progressive Party. Every course is a joy to make or recreate, but I do believe that I love the salad category the most! I really do love a good salad. This month's salad did not disappoint.

Bran Appetit created a lovely winter salad, which in my opinion would be a treat any time of the year.

I followed her recipe exactly and it was a delight.


Let me show you my new favorite salad mix:


I found this at Whole Foods and it is my new addiction. It boasts 5 super foods of baby greens: red and green swiss chard, tat soi, arugula and spinach. So good! I used this in the winter salad.

My husband's comment, "The cherries really make this salad." 

This coming from the man that has no knowledge that the Cherry Marketing Institute is the sponsor this month. His only job is to eat the food I create! Anyway, he really thought the cherries were the star of the salad and I agree with him. You really should try this salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment