Saturday, September 24, 2011

Thank you Nutmeg Nanny.

Is Nutmeg Nanny the cutest name you have ever heard? It is so comforting to say the least.

Well, Nutmeg Nanny is participating in Kitchen Play's Progressive Menu this month and so am I! The U.S. Apple Association is the sponsor this month.

I am SO glad to have this new recipe in my stash! Apple Maple Parfaits.

It is classified as a dessert in the Progressive Menu, but we had it for breakfast this morning! Very satisfying and double yum. And might I just add that anything you can eat out of a canning jar is so worth the effort!



Can I let you in on a little secret? If you make and preserve Apple Pie filling ahead of time, it makes this a really easy and quick breakfast or dessert. Not that the recipe is hard, it isn't, but if you have the one step of cooking the apples done ahead of time, it makes it SUPER easy and fast. Remind me to post how to make and preserve apple pie filling. 

The children and I loved this combination of spiced apples, yogurt and maple syrup. In fact, I can't believe I never thought of it before! Thank you Nutmeg Nanny!

Proof that the children loved it, just in case you were wondering!



You too can participate in Kitchen Play's Progressive Menu. It is the yummiest fun you will ever have. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment