Saturday, September 8, 2012

Relentless Pursuit by Ken Gire

I received another book from Bethany House Publishers. I always love seeing that manila envelope in the mailbox! It means another book for me to read and review.

This time it was a Christian Living book by author Ken Gire:


Relentless Pursuit, God's Love of Outsiders Including the Outsider In All of Us was intriguing to me. Don't we all feel like an outsider from time to time? I know that I do.

The book started out well with many examples from famous writers lives, including the life of C.S. Lewis. The author demonstrated well how God pursues us at a personalized pace perfect for each individual. Somewhere around the fourth chapter, the book seemed to shift it's direction and it threw my interest off course. I did manage to finally finish the book, but it felt like a little bit of a struggle for me.

One part that stuck is that I should look at the part of me that is far from God and allow God to capture and save it.

Overall, a nice book that takes a little persistence to stick with to the end.

This book was provided to me for free from Bethany House to review. The content of the review is entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment