Thursday, April 5, 2012

Beef, Potato and Vegetable Pot Pie

The children and I feasted on THIS the other night. My husband is traveling a lot with his new business right now and you know how it is when daddy isn't home to cook for...you end up eating fried egg sandwiches, raisins, yogurt and dry Cheerios most evenings!

So this was a treat:


I realize it looks more like a deconstructed pot pie and I suppose it is. In the original recipe, the biscuits are laid on top and baked. Since my diet right now is gluten-free, I decided to serve the biscuits on the side and I ate mine with a piece of toasted gluten-free bread. It was delicious. I think that the children actually preferred having the biscuit separate from the pie as a few of them love their biscuits with butter and jam.

This recipe is just one of many at the Kitchen Play Progressive Party sponsored this month by the US Potato Board. There is a wonderful giveaway and the deadline to enter is April 15th. So you still have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment